COVID UPDATE: We are currently open and processing all transactions with the exception of driver's license knowledge testing until further notice. We are social distancing upon entering and allowing 5 people in at any given time. Please wear a mask and keep your distance from others.
Renewing Vehicle Registration
Waseca County License Bureau highly encourages residents to renew vehicle registrations at your local license office. This adds revenue to the county and is made easy by utilizing one of the following methods:
- Come into the office located in the East Annex building with your renewal notice.
- If you do not have the renewal notice, a plate number would be helpful, along with a form of ID.
- REMINDER: Current Insurance information is required for any registration or title work.
- Mail the renewal notice to:
Waseca County License Bureau
300 N State St.
Waseca, MN 56093
- Please use our drop box on the West side of the License Bureau (East Annex across from courthouse) for registration renewals. Include your full renewal notice, your current insurance info (company name, policy number and expiration date) and a phone number.
If you mail or drop off your renewal notice we will return them in the mail the next business day. Please make your check payable to the Waseca County License Bureau.
Proof of Identity
In many cases you will be required to show proof of identity. Acceptable documents include a current or prior driver's license or identification card, certified copy of a birth certificate, original naturalization certificate, or alien identification card.
If the applicant's current name differs from that shown on the document presented, a certified copy of the name change must also be presented. Accepted documents include certified copies of a court order, divorce decree, or marriage certificate.